Tuesday, June 9, 2009

too much for my heart to handle

in one day! Wayne went to the dentist for the very first time today. I was prepared for the worst, which of course meant that it went super smooth! The hygienist was very nice and sweet, and explained everything in great detail to Wayne, he was eating it up and acting like he understood everything. He was very excited when he found out he could watch SuperWhy and wear a special headset to hear! She cleaned all of the fronts of his teeth, flossed, did a flouride treatment, and the dentist counted all of his teeth and completed his exam. Woo-hoo! Best case scenerio, according to the experts at Everson Dental. Wayne has 10 teeth on top, and 10 on bottom. His next molars are starting to make their way in too. Everything was looking good in the little boys mouth, and he'll go back again in six months I think. It was so strange to watch him interact with the tech and dentist, pretending to be such a big boy when he's still a baby! :-)

Here he is, watching TV.
Here's the TV!All the "goodies" he was so excited to learn about...
He LOVED to spit into the sucker straw! Next to the water spray, this was by far his favorite thing. Hey, if the tech has on gloves, Wayne needs them too! He told her, "I like my gloves!" When I told him he needed to wear the bib to stay clean, the tech interupted me to tell Wayne that it was a special bib, not one for babies (like she thought he'd be offended by me calling it a bib.) He looked back at me and said, "I like to be clean, I like my bib!" Precious child! :-)
All ready to go!Playing just before his appointment... he thought it was such a special treat that only he got to go to the dentist, not Weston. He was a little upset that Weston was left at home though.... Those two are inseparable!

The final straw on the "more than my heart can handle" day was hearing that Aunt Tanya caught him going pottie...... STANDING UP! This has been strictly NOT encouraged. My rule has been you can stand and pee when you are old enough to clean the toilet. Argh. Tanya asked him where he learned to go pottie like that, and he said, "My Dad! I no sit on the pot, I stand up!" Dad and Mom will be having a chat tonight when he gets home from work. If Wayne is too young to clean the toilet, another male might have to step in!

4 comments:

  1. my husband is in his 30's and has yet to clean the toilet, maybe he should start sitting down :) Way to go Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never just send Wayne to the bathroom on his own again. Auntie now knows to go with him at all times to make sure he is sitting. I'm just waiting for Ethan to start standing now...this was a group activity this morning. When one goes, they both have to go. Funny how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carter has been standing since 2 1/2, so NEVER let your boys pee by him. He's a really bad influence! He also pees in the backyard sometimes. :) I should have talked to you and Tanya Scheib earlier and tried the sitting thing...I have to clean the toilets all of the time! Maybe I'll teach the twins to sit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed how well the dentist appointment went! We have been three times with Sophia, and we still haven't gotten very far but we're making progress. Wayne is so brave!

    ReplyDelete