Sunday, August 2, 2009

Big Day=Two Weeks Old+First Sunday at church+First Bath


What a day! Wyatt went to church for the first time, so of course before we left, I had to take a few pictures to document the occasion. Wayne and Weston were good and posed for a few quick pictures before getting into the Jeep. Then, Tyler was playing "paparazzi" as we were heading to the front for a few more pics... nice look I'm giving him, huh?
Mom and Baby #3- Wyatt

Wyatt in his cute little church outfit from Grandma... thanks!
Church actually went really well... Tyler and I sat in church with Wyatt, and Wayne and Weston went to class. Our pastor always announces the new babies and has the Dad's hold them up, and he couldn't resist a comment to Grandma and Grandpa.... there kids were sure busy, single handedly populating the future church!

Later, Mom came over for Wyatt's first bath. This is a long standing tradition in our house... and one that I cherish! I can take all the pictures, and she can make the baby cry. Tyler was trying to herd the boys outside to play in the pool, and was changing them into their swim trunks, but Wayne came running back to see Wyatt's belly button. "I see it!" Guess he left his trunks in the laundry room!

"What's going on here? How often do I have to have these!?!"
This cracked me up... the towel flopped over his head, and this is the moment captured!
Grandma and Wyatt.
Here's another tradition... the best smelling, time tested baby lotion by Johnson and Johnson (the pink bottle) in the hair, being shaped into a Mohawk!
Aww... all clean and happy!

Whew! Weston was so crabby, he was in bed by 6:15pm. Tyler and I managed a quick dinner of steak and vegetables, with Aunt Shari's jello-salad (I know it was for tomorrow night, but it looked way to good tonight... it's half gone!) As we speak, Wayne and Weston are both asleep, and I'm about to go get Wyatt to feed him. Hopefully the next few days and nights go well, Tyler is working and I have the boys all alone! The only item on our to-do list.... SURVIVE!

3 comments:

  1. It was good to see you all at church today! I hope you know that you can totally call tomorrow if you are in need of reinforcement! I am more than willing to have one or both of the boys. Ethan would love a play date with his buddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Wayne - and you had to post the buck naked picture of him twice ?!?!? :-) Don't they smell so good after that bath?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, Your son is SUPER CUTE! and I do love the Lion King pose the fathers always do when they show off their new kids in church.;)
    ---Marla

    ReplyDelete