Friday, January 1, 2010

the LAST and the FIRST.

2009 had its time to shine,
but 2010 will be GREAT again!

And here is the LAST picture that I took in 2009. Weston sure LOVES cousin Madelyn's stroller. If they had it in "boy" colors, it would be the perfect birthday present for him! And when he figured out that his bear could go for a ride? He was occupied for AT LEAST 30 minutes!And for the record, I took.

Crap.

I don't think I can admit this.

Excuse the language, please.


I took.....


9,174 pictures in 2009.

nine-thousand-one-hundred-seventy-four



Maybe my New Year's resolution should be to take LESS pictures.

Yeah right. Like that's ever going to happen!

So let's start the year out right.... Here's the first picture of 2010!Edited for appropriateness, of course! :-)


We rang in the New Year, on Eastern time, at my parents' house. I think the gathering got organized at hmm... 2pm? Sometimes the impromptu ones are the best! Auntie Tara was helping out with the Wyatt man, and enjoying a little salt water taffy!
The goal of the night was to play games. Yeah right. I should have known better. The one time I got within 6 inches of sitting down to play, Wyatt had a stinky. I got back to the table after taking care of business and.... Weston had a stinky. I swear those two have an unspoken competition going on!


This morning we hung out at home, laying low. We had SEVEN loads of laundry to fold and put away, so we put the older boys in the playroom and got it done in 30 minutes. Seriously, why is it laundry goes so much faster when there are NO kids around?

By noon, we headed to Tyler's Grandma Groen's. I adore her. Even now that Grandpa has been gone for almost 2 years, she still insists on having everyone over. Not only that, she ENJOYS the chaos. She loves our boys, and us. She upholds tradition by always having us over on New Year's day, with pizza from Little Caesar's and homemade ice cream cake. And she always makes slushy punch. It stains like crazy if a kids spits up, but boy do they love it! And I personally appreciate a good brain freeze in the middle of a party when I'm melting from the inside after chasing kids and being embarrassed by something they did.

In the middle of the partaay, it was time for a round of diaper changes. My niece, Brenna, always wants to help, so I thought to myself, "Why not?" She took on Weston, and I handled Wyatt. That's teamwork I tell you!
What a sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment