Last Sunday we "officially" celebrated Weston's birthday with Sunday afternoon coffee and cake and ice cream cake. Weston's birthday was the "day" that would not end! :-) I made Weston an ice cream cake, and my mom made the other adults a mocha cake (a serious family favorite, and a recipe so complicated that no one but my mom makes it!) I even embellished the top with, what else? A W!

We practiced blowing out candles, and even as the big moment was right upon us, Weston had to practice one more time. Look at his lips! He didn't blow on the candles, so much as buzzed his lips and spit on it! (Sorry to those of you who ate the cake and didn't realize this!)

Weston liked it!

When we have birthdays, we open up the family room in order to fit everyone. It's around 30 people or so. Every time it seems like a lot of people, and yet there is no one you wouldn't invite, and probably more that I could! What is a mom to do?

Since Weston's birthday follows Christmas by three weeks, it's always hard to come up with good gift ideas for him. And as many of you know... they have a lot of toys! So for his second birthday, I found this tractor online. Perfect! Wayne already has a truck, and this way Weston could have his tractor, and the two can really play this summer! This was going to be more than a "mom and dad" gift, so I made him his own "tractor bank" to help him save. I even photoshopped his face onto the advertisement!

I offered the idea to anyone who asked for one, and then put any money he received towards it. After just one or two cards, he was totally in to shoving money into his bank! He liked the "thud" of the quarters and nickels from the Bajema's too!

And I don't think everyone realized that we already had the tractor.... So after all the gifts and money stuffing were done, Tyler brought the tractor in. The look on precious Weston's face.... Sweet. Joy. Delight.

Of course, Wayne had to come check it out. For all the drama that day, of Wayne trying to get on the tractor and steal Weston's gifts, when they actually took it outside for the first time? Wayne road his truck, Weston his tractor, and neither one tried to switch. Impressive!

I think Wayne is wishing for his own John Deere right now.... And Madelyn too!

Breaking it in!

The boys all went off to play, and what do you know? The girls moved in on the tractor! Paige (left) and Madelyn (right) were so darn stinkin' cute, and had a blast together. Madelyn's our only girl, and the other girls on Paige's side of the family are all older, so she's typically surrounded by all boys too. Way to stick together girlies!

After everyone left, we pulled out these hats that the boys wanted at Walmart and I picked up and hid. Since they can't read anyway, we told them they were "Happy Birthday!" hats!

Happy Birthday Weston! We love you soooooo much! I can't believe you are on your way to being THREE now. Argh!
Happy Birthday Weston from all of us in Iowa! You had one fun birthday!! Lucky boy! Cool tractor! you will have lots of fun outside with it this summer.
ReplyDeleteI am craving Mocha Cake!!!
Thanks so much for sharing your birthday memories!!Hugs!