Sunday, June 13, 2010

Buddies at Birth - COUSINS!

I've got to tell you about the cutest little cousins - Ethan and Wayne!  
The boys are eight months apart in age.  Funny story, when Ethan's mom was in the hospital delivering him, his sisters came and spent the night with us.  (He was born on the 3rd of July.)  So on the morning of the 4th of July, I got up early and took the pregnancy test that I'd had stashed away, on a whim and a prayer.  Would you believe that it was POSITIVE!  We had tried for over a year to get pregnant at that point.  I was beyond ecstatic, and couldn't go back to sleep, and instead snuck downstairs and waited on the front porch for Tyler to get home from work, around 7am.  The rest of the day and week were all the sweeter...  thrilled that the Scheib's had their boy, and that I had a secret too!
Of course, Tyler didn't want to find out whether we were having a girl or a boy before the big day, so we waited.  In my heart of hearts, I knew the baby had to be a boy.  I just knew it!  So much so, that I was often accused of peaking.  But, honestly and truly, I never really KNEW until Wayne was born.  And on March 4, 2006, Ethan's buddy arrived!  Since then, it has been so much fun watching them grow and play together.  They get along great, but sometimes fight like brothers.  We would have it no other way!  Ethan is an honorary Silves brother, and even asked his mom to take his bed apart and bring it over to our house so he could move in.  Hah!  If he wants to join this chaotic house, let him!  :-)  We take him over here whenever we can get him...  he actually makes our day go faster, because he is SO good, and the boys all play together so nicely.  

I hands down, absolutely, positively LOVE this picture of them.  You better believe you'll be seeing it again someday... at their high school graduation party in 2024!

4 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! And, yes! Ethan talks about becoming the "#4 Silves Brother" almost daily. He loves playing with his buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Love that last picture too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what cute little boys.... great picture. I know wayne loves his cousin, he talks about him all the time.. Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete