The writing of this post was delayed, because after the typing of the title, I broke down in a heap of tears and sobbing at the thought of our precious BABY approaching his first birthday. You think I'm joking, but I kid you not. From the very beginning Wyatt was different than the other boys. While Wayne and Weston were big and tough, Wyatt has always been and remains small and sweet. To quote his Aunt Tanya, "He's almost one and yet he looks like he's six months old!" So true. My mother's instinct has always been to protect him. His brothers are much bigger than him, and while they love him to pieces, sometimes they don't realize they are taking that literally. So protect him I do. He has not been the boy to push the development agenda either. Wyatt takes his time reaching milestones, and does so all on his own schedule. Not surprising for such a laid back little guy! In the last month or so though, it has become undeniable.... Wyatt is no longer a newborn. And he's not a baby-baby either. He can stay sitting up on his own, and can almost get into a sitting position from the floor. He is also army crawling, which is adorable and frightening all at the same time. And how could you blame him for trying it? When he does, he's met by his very own cheering squad, clapping and coaching him on (thanks Weston and Wayne!) And then there's his teeth. He has EIGHT of them now. Poor kid! Never a complaint from him though, unless you looked in his mouth, you wouldn't know he was teething. And then there is the matter of food. We switched him to 100% formula at the end of April, and in a 6 week period he has gained 2 pounds and 1 ounce. Incredible! Of course, all the solid foods he's been eating has helped too. Gone are the pureed messy foods, and he's just on big boy food. And no wonder he's eating so much... he never stops moving! Here he is, doing his infamous roll-ever-arch your back and look behind you-then keep rolling maneuver!
And on top of all that... he has slept through the night for three nights in a row. One more night, and we might have to call this a new habit! Woo-hoo!All this to say.... doesn't time fly? Where did the last 11 months go? I am just glad that I have roughly 6,000 pictures, and 280 or so blog postings to help remind me. And a precious boy that is growing and developing just like God made him to do. I am one blessed, lucky, humbled mama.

No comments:
Post a Comment