Saturday, June 26, 2010

He gets knocked down...

First off... turn your speakers on, to enjoy the full essence of this post.

Today, I'm talking (or writing) about what it's like to be Wyatt, at 11 months old.  Born the third of three brothers, it pretty much goes without saying that he'd have to learn to fend off his brothers.  Or so you'd think.  But in our family, Wyatt is the least picked on.  Wayne and Weston LOVE him, and would never rough house or do anything else that could remotely hurt him.  They are VERY careful of him, and do anything they can to make him happy and get him giggling.  

But being the third born of three boys, Wyatt as we all know is very laid back, passive, easy going... you get the idea.  Defending himself is not even in his nature.  So when we play with cousin Trevy, I have to keep an extra eye (or camera lens) out.  You see, Treven is a FIRST born boy.  And a spunky one at that.  Treven and Wyatt are opposites in a lot of ways.  Treven is walking, Wyatt is sitting, Treven is go-go-go, and Wyatt is slow, slow, slow.  

Here's a summary of what I mean.  I realize that I could have dropped my camera and jumped in to help Wyatt, but Wyatt's pretty tough, and if I did that, then I wouldn't have these pictures to remind us of how small and defenseless Wyatt was at 11 months of age, when he's a 6 foot, 4 inch, 220 pound strapping young man!  :-)

Here's Wyatt, innocently rolling on the ground.  Treven notices him, and walks on over. 
Here, you see that Wyatt knows trouble is coming... to sit on top of him!
"Trouble" has arrived.
Note to Treven:  Contrary to popular belief, Wyatt is not a step stool.
Poor Wyatt!  :-)
And for good measure... Treven must make sure he knows who's boss!
Free at last! 
Or is Treven coming back for more?

1 comment: