And yes, by "first annual" I mean that there will be a "second annual" and so on... It was THAT much fun! Deryl and Shari (Tyler's Uncle and Aunt) recently built a craftsman style home in a picturesque neighborhood in E-town. Part urban area, part country back woods, it's beautiful! And with the new home came a new fish pond. Four times (or more!) bigger than their last one! Our boys, Wayne in particular, were drooling over the edge of the pond. Wayne was convinced that if he had his fishing pole he could fish and eat it!
I won't confess how many pictures I took to get just this one...


The Groen family (Tyler's mom's family) is such a fun mix of people. This girl (below) is one of my faves.... I work with her, and we both married cousins! We have a lot in common, but one area we differ is babies. I am VERY used to holding them, and Jennie... not so much! I had been telling her for the last week that I was going to put her in charge of Wyatt, because he is the easiest baby that ever lived, and within minutes of getting to the party, I plunked him in her arms. He of course leaned in for a snuggle, and he had Jennie wrapped around his little finger from that point on!

The man behind the mitt... Uncle Deryl! The woman behind the man... Aunt Shari! Love these guys. And they love us. And we ALL love our boys. What more could I ask for?


It got a little interesting, keeping the kids entertained and out of the pond and away from the stairs leading to the basement (a bit of a drop off.) But in between all of the kid chasing, we ate FABULOUS food, visited, changed a few diapers, fed a bottle, and made smores. PERFECT! It was Ethan's 5th birthday too, which was fun to get to spend more time with him. Here Wayne is, going in for a hug!

Later on I tricked Ethan into standing on a chair, then announced that he was FIVE and had everyone sing to him. HILARIOUS. I'm not going to get away with that one too many more times, but I will gladly embarrass my nephew at will for as long as possible. 


And my baby Paige is not a baby any more. She's a full blown toddler. Can you believe we used to call her "peanut?" Hah! Look at those sparkly eyes... she was pretty excited about her mom's burning marshmallow! 



When you are at a family party, with a full stomach, and you are exhausted, finally there is nothing left to do but lay in the grass, eat a smore, and take a break! (I enjoyed the break too. It lasted 30.3 seconds!)
We enjoyed ourselves so much, and couldn't believe how well the boys did, and how late they stayed up! Such a fun time, I already can't wait for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment