- Weston is saying more words every day. True to his brother, who was around 2 3/4 when he started talking in 2 word sentences, I think Weston is right on the same path. BUT, he is definitely broadening his vocabulary. Here are his recent additions: out, chicken, jump, snack, milk, stink, dinkie, more, please, and tree. Mixed in amongst about a dozen grunts! I swear he could be a cave man. Each grunt has it's own meaning.
- Wayne says the funniest things. Recently from the mouth of my baby: "It's okay mom, I got it under control." "There's a party in my stomach!" "You gotta get me some FOOD!" And when I'm singing him his much begged for lullaby before bed, "That's enough singing now Mom, I'm tired and need to go to sleep."
- Last night Wayne wandered into our room, and after a few minutes of snuggling, and with him talking to himself (it was 2am) I wishfully told him, "You need to go back to your own bed and go to sleep." He said, "Okay Mom" and left our room, climbed into his bed, and went back to sleep.
- Wyatt is pulling himself up on everything, and his new favorite hangout is the patio doors. He pulls up on his knees, looks out the window, and bangs his hands on the glass. Then, to really have fun, he puts his face up to the glass and gives us the "puffer fish" face! Then, he falls over because he's laughing too hard to keep his balance.
- Weston has become QUITE the lover-boy. He runs up to me constantly, and likes to hug my leg. And not let go. For five minutes. He also gives me kisses all the time, and likes to pinch my cheeks while he's at it. His hair is bleached blonde from the son, and he is so tan, we're calling him "hey little tan-man!" And we love his hugs... he wraps his arms tightly around our necks, and holds on like his life depends on it.
- Wyatt refuses to drink from anynthing but a bottle, and anything but milk.
- Wayne has started watering up at the cemetary, all by himself. He gets out of the car while I wait and watch, carries the water over, dumps half in each pot, and runs back.
- I spend at least 3 hours each day with 2 or more boys on my lap, snuggling and "talking about our day."
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Freeze!
I can't believe that it is almost August. While summer was late to get rolling, it sure has arrived in full force. I think we've had two weeks of 80's + weather, and have taken full advantage. I guess you can tell that from the recent blog posts! :-) Around here, we are just having a fabulous time. The boys are just that much older, and are in a really fun and dare-I-say easy stage. I just can't believe how smart and talented each of them are, all that they are learning, saying, and EATING! There are so many things I want to savor, and I feel like time is steam rolling ahead, and I know that that is a good thing, but I also wish it would just FREEZE for just a little while. Things are just perfect now, and I don't want to blink for fear the leaves will start changing color, the mornings are cooler, and *GASP* Wayne goes to preschool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment