It being July 2, and Tyler's weekend off... He took full advantage and left early this morning with Todd to head down to Cornet Bay for "the deadliest catch." Okay, maybe it's not the most dangerous job on earth when you are catching it in the Pacific Northwest instead of the Bering Sea, but either way, it tastes FANTASTIC. Growing up, our vacations were more of a stay-cation, but crabbing is one of those things that we did and that I love. The first taste each year just brings me back to all the fun we had on that little boat with my dad, and how fabulous it is that as a grown girl I can still eat it, but I don't have to go out on the boat and get seasick to get it! :-) They had great "crabbing" and were back in pretty short order, with their limit.
Wayne didn't go, but he was beyond excited when they got back, and he got to check them out in the cooler, picking which one he was eating.
Uncle Todd put him to work, hauling the cooker frame and pot, and cleaning it out. Weston actually ended up doing most of the work, and did it very well!
Uncle Todd was teaching Wayne how to hold the crab from the back so that they couldn't pinch him. This is a very important lesson. (Ask Tyler how he was reminded of this lesson this morning.)
Yes, we love crab this much!
And if it is good enough for Uncle Todd to do...
....you know that Wayne isn't far behind!
I know what I'm having for dinner tonight... The biggest one!

P.S. Please, please, pretty please, with a cherry on top, I BEG of you, if you read this blog, and you know my brother, DON'T TELL HIM there are pictures of him on here! I'll be in BIG trouble! :-)
I love crab~ I think I want to come to your house for dinner. Have a happy 4th of July with your family. Love, Jamie
ReplyDeleteYUM! Hope it was delicious!
ReplyDelete