Thursday, July 1, 2010

What's up?

How's your week going?  Are you ready for sunshine?  Our week is going great, and we are DEFINITELY ready for some sun!  The snippets that we've gotten are great, but we're ready for the day after day grind of opening the windows in the evening to cool things down, and skipping getting dressed in the morning to go straight to putting on swim trunks.  Even at the expense of some oddly shaped discolored areas of our lawn, I am ready for sunshine.  Our backyard looks like crop circles in the summer, since the pools, picnic table and other kid paraphernalia are strewn about the backyard for days on end, and the grass  gets funky colored from the lack of sunshine.  It would be well worth the lack of pretty to have SUN!  :-)


The boys are settling into quite a nice routine, and compared to last summer, our days are pretty mellow.  We still have our wild and crazy moments, but for the most part, life with the three precious punks is pretty good.  Wyatt continues to knock my socks off with his crawling.  He's getting FAST and CURIOUS and he is still QUIET, which is not a good combination.  I am always worried that one of the big boys is going to step on him, by accident, because they don't know he's crawled behind them.  He also makes a beeline for the toy room.  At 11 months old, he's got a pretty good road map in his head!  :-) 

So today is Thursday, 59 degrees and raining.  July 1.  Great.  Our day has been very MELLOW so far.  Just a few things to do to finish the weekly cleaning list, which I did before 7am this morning.  We've watched "Shrek," made peanut butter/chocolate chip cookies, had coffee, and I finished sorting and piling all of our card into separate boxes for each of us.  Each of the boys have their own box, and there is a "family" box for miscellaneous cards to us.  It was fun to ready through a few of Wayne's first birthday cards, Weston's "birth" cards, and then Wyatt's too.  The years are going by too quickly.  Wayne had four years worth of birthdays in his box!  I made him promise me this morning, that even when he's big like daddy, he will always give me kisses and love his mama.  I absolutely ADORE that each and every one of our boys are HUGE snugglers.  They can't get enough!  Sometimes we spend hours each day snuggling and talking and reading books or watching a show.  As their little bodies tuck into mine, I can't imagine the day when they won't fit on my lap.  I don't want to!  I had a friend for coffee a while back, and at one point all three were snuggled on my lap, and she said, "Tanya, all I can see is your head!  You are COVERED in boys!"  True-er words were never spoken!  :-)  In these early days of their childhood, I feel like our lives are COVERED in BOYS.  And I love it.  All to soon there will be school, sports, and other things that come with getting older.  But that's later, and I'm not going to worry about it today.  Today I am just going to snuggle them all, love them all.  Help them make a fort.  Read a book.  Or two.  Or the same book twice.  Make cookies when I'm asked to, and cut their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into train shapes, because they like them that way.  That's what I'm going to do today.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment