Saturday, January 15, 2011

Practice makes... perfect? - Wayne's first BASKETBALL practice!

Wayne started his very first basketball league this week.  He's playing in the Rookie league at the YMCA in Lynden.  Tyler signed him up WAY back in November, and he's been talking about it like crazy.  Practically speaking, it's going to be a little crazy around here for the next six weeks.  His practices are on the same day that I work, so I leave work and either meet Tyler and take the "littles" so he can be Assistant Coach for Wayne, or if he is working that day, then I pick Wayne up from Auntie's and take him, and Weston and Wyatt usually stay with Auntie, because she's AMAZING like that!  :-)

On to practice!  First off, walking into a gym after so many years...  Memories flood back to you, it can't be helped.  Then you look around, and all the people you remember seeing on the court are now sitting on the sidelines, cheering on THEIR OWN kids.  Weird.  Strange.  Freaky!  :-)  Wayne had on his "ball shoes", shorts, and his Huskies' sweatshirt.  When his coach said he could take it off, he told her, "No, it's okay.  I really like my sweatshirt!"  But within 5 minutes he was sweating so much he had to take it off.  I honestly don't know what was more fun to watch... Wayne enjoying and participating in his first practice, or his Coach trying to wrangle all those 4 and 5 year olds!  :-)  OH MY.  And Wayne was begging for water when it was all over! 

Anyway...  Shooting practice is a bit dangerous, but fun never-the-less.
Bounce pass practice?  Well... that all depends on your partner!  Wayne and his partner were pretty good, so they didn't have to do TOO much chasing after the ball. 

FYI - He totally made this shot!
I love this picture here....  The "Big Boy" hoop, next to the "Little Boy" hoop.  To think that my little baby might someday dunk on that monster of a hoop...  so.not.ready.
Any of you have tried to take pictures in the gym know that every flash has it's limit...  so this picture was NOT sharp.  But you can still see the expression on his face, and the movement of his body, and I just love it! (and I ran a few actions too)

One HAPPY Boy.

1 comment:

  1. grandma S just loves all the pictures and can hardly wait for the games and maybe a wistle or two...... wayne looks great in his sweatshirt

    ReplyDelete