It's official... today marks Wayne's very first SNOW DAY! I remember being THRILLED when we had a snow day, and got to miss school. So when I excitedly said, "Wayne, it's a snow day! There's no school!" I was a bit taken aback by his dramatic crying and sobbing, "I don't want to miss school! I have to be there. I LOVE SCHOOL!"
Hmm.. I wonder if that's what he'll be saying 10 years from now? :-)
In the meantime... I'll be explaining to him for the gazillionth time that if school is cancelled then the roads are not safe and Ethan CANNOT come over. ;-)
Ethan and I had to have the exact conversation about Wayne coming to play here today. He insisted that it would be fine because Daddy could go to work. Now what? He had to settle with the fact that the boys will be here tomorrow. I didn't tell him the snow may be gone.
ReplyDeleteKind of like how I had to explain to my 15 year old last night that I was SURE there would be school the next day because it was 48 degrees outside and I was pretty sure it wasn't going to refreeze! Yes - what a difference 10 years make!
ReplyDelete