SEVEN, six, FIVE, four, three, two, one.
SEVEN days until Tyler has a day off. And he's already worked 10 days in a row. So that's 17 12 hour shifts, plus an hour driving each way... what a man what a man what a mighty good man! :-)
FIVE days until my tax season is OVER!
We had a lovely weekend around these parts. And for those wondering, the kitchen mess was TINFOIL! Leave it to Wyatt and Weston. We enjoyed some time outside, playing toys, and having Sunday movie afternoon this weekend. I thankfully had a day without the laptop- a much needed break and now I feel like I can finish this week well. It's a full week ahead, with preschool, soccer practice, two days of work, and a RiteAid run.
Hey, did I tell who Wayne's coach is? Aunt Tanya! :-) And I have absolutely no idea how the YMCA knew that she was available to coach, none whatsoever. Don't you think every parent should have to coach soccer once? Wayne is so excited for his Auntie to coach him and Ethan. I think that while I'm working on Tuesday and the little boys are napping, Tanya is going to have them outside "practicing" a few drills for her!
And I have something unbelievable to tell you- Wyatt gave up his binkie!!!! He's just 21 months old, and has completely given it up. I'm learning! I waited too long to take it away with Wayne and Weston, and it created too much drama. With Wyatt, the only drama was with Dad - he thinks Wyatt is still a baby that needs his binkie!
And Weston learned a new word today... Poops! Instead of telling me he has a stinky, he tells me, "Got poops! I poops!" Lovely. While the word isn't so attractive, the sweet smile and twinkle in his eye when he says it is irresistible. He also learned "stop" and "go!."
And we better round this post up with a Wayne story - this one I might have to tell at his 16th birthday party! We were watching a new Disney movie that the boys had never seen before. Wayne and Weston and I were snuggled on the couch, and at the end of the movie, as the "happily ever after" part of the movie played out, I see Wayne taking his glasses off... and tears streaming down his face. I asked him what was wrong, and he just sobbed, "Nothing Mom, I'm just so happy for her. I am just happy, not sad, and I can't stop crying!" Awww... That's my sweet, sweet Wayne! He has such a soft, compassionate heart for others. I see it play out with his friends at preschool, and with his brothers, and in so many other things that he does. He makes me so proud!
I too am wondering how the YMCA got my name and phone number for coaching....HMMMMMMMM.
ReplyDelete