Monday, April 25, 2011

Two of a Kind

These days, it seems like the boys are always have in a pair.  Two boys are playing together, and the third one is off on their own.  And the creative juices are FLOWING too.  They are playing pretend, and they build things left and right, and the contraptions that they build for the matchbox cars to do jumps and tricks off of are completely over the top.  

Tyler went shrimping on Friday and Saturday, and while he was away, we decided to PLAY PLAY PLAY!  I decided to rearrange and organize my "stockpile" - all the things I buy really cheap with my coupons, and stock up on to get us through the next 6-12 months.  It was getting unorganized and chaotic, and we all know that just isn't going to fly around here!!!  So in the middle of my shelf swapping and rearranging - Wayne and Weston decided to be firefighters bunking at the station.  I'm just glad they didn't give Wyatt the top bunk!
 Saturday was refreshingly BEAUTIFUL weather - a balmy 74 degrees.  As such...  their shirts were all off by later in the afternoon!  The boys all wanted to eat lunch outside, so Weston and Wyatt hung out together eating each other's food. 
 And Saturday afternoon/evening was time for our first ever EASTER EGG DYEING ADVENTURE!.  I found these "no spill" cups, and they worked GREAT!  Wayne and Weston were buddies, and helped each other and had a blast.  No fighting!!!
 Aren't they getting to be such big boys?
 Awww... That'll warm your mom's heart!  You are such a sweet boy Weston!
 Returning the love...

 And even later still, we made our "Easter Cookies" (see previous post.)  Let me just say....  they taste WAY to sweet, but would make excellent food fight material!  Wayne was fascinated by the story and the process.  I hope we can do this every year!
 Here's Wayne with the Easter picture that he drew.  On the left is Jesus, on the cross, with lots of blood (according to Wayne.)  On the right or a few more "guys who hung on crosses too." and in the middle are two bed men, who are happy because they are playing dice to get Jesus' clothes.  Can you see the dice?
 Best Buddies!
 And in case you haven't noticed...  Wayne has a FAST blink, because any time I use my flash, his eyes are pretty much closed in the picture.  Here, he told me, "Just take one more of me, and I'll make sure my eyes stay open!"
 The cookies came out the next morning, look like rocks, but hollow like the empty tomb!


I am so glad that the boys are all so close to each other.  I will not stand for them being mean to each other, and while they have their moments, for the most part are all very protective of their brothers.  I hope that one day, their motto is, "If you mess with one Silves boy, you get them all!"  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment