Monday, April 18, 2011

only 50 degrees but WHO CARES because it's SUNNY!

The title of this post pretty much sums up my thoughts for today!  I spent the morning cleaning up a bit, and clipping a MASSIVE pile of coupons that I had fallen behind on the last few weeks of tax season and hanging out with Wyatt while Wayne was at school and Tyler and Weston ran errands.  We all met back up here for lunch, and the littles took a brief nap, while Tyler, Wayne and I went OUTSIDE.  As I type - I have dirt under my fingers and I almost don't want to wash my hands because it might not seem REAL that we have been outside for hours.  The flour beds are getting spruced up a bit, the lawn mowed.  I opted for a little manual thatching in the front yard this year, instead of renting a machine, because there are only a few spots that need it.  I cleaned my car on the inside (I let the $5 car wash in Bellingham do the outside.... seriously folks, for $5 they can clean our black beast!!!) 

I totally know that I owe you some pictures too, stay tuned!!!  :-)  Who wants to read all my blah-blah-blah words all the time, right?

Looking forward to this week too... The countdown to Easter is on!  The boys have been watching one of their 3 Easter movies, and Wayne has been talking a lot about Jesus, the cross, and how he really was still alive.  He is in AWE of Jesus and the story of Easter, for sure.  It's also been a little hard, because he is now starting to understand that Jesus actually died on the cross, and that "bad men" were mean to him.  Tough stuff for a 5 year old, not to mention a full grown adult!!!  I am so moved by his compassion and sympathy for others....  he is an AMAZING kid!!!

1 comment:

  1. glad you got to enjoy the outside. i ran to everson on my lunch and saw tyler out front! i missed wayne yesterday while we were running errands, he is getting to be so grown up!

    ReplyDelete