Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Addison's Arrival

We were thankful and a little nervous...  July 13 had arrived!  I don't know how to describe the feelings I have as we drive to the hospital for a scheduled c-section.  Excitement, joy, and anticipation that we are FINALLY going to meet a new member of our family - and this time, a GIRL; but also nerves and dread...  with this being my 4th c-section, I know full well what is coming, over the next few hours and days.  I guess it's like going to the dentist for a root canal... you know you need it and will happy you did it... when it's OVER!  

I think the difference this time was that I had my mom meet us at the hospital about 30 minutes before I was taken back to the OR.  She was a needed distraction, and her sense of humor can always make both Tyler and I laugh.  THANK YOU Mom!  When it was time to go, she took this last picture.   Doesn't Tyler look like a cute doctor in those scrubs?  My surgery was at 7:45, and after all the usual prep and pre-op stuff, little Addison joined us at 8:20am.  First Dr. Mora said, "and here she comes!" and then "Wait, her head is too big, hold on...  She has lots of hair though!" and then....  "And here she is!"  It was quiet for about 5 seconds, and then we heard her crying and saw her for the first time.  Precious!
Tyler ventured over with the camera to check her out as the nurses were checking her out.  She scored a 9 on her apgar, and weighed in at 8 lbs. 8 oz. and was 21 inches long.  Her cheeks were round and chubby, and her fingers and toes are long and skinny - like mine!  When Tyler brought her over to me (still on the operating table) the look on his face was that of someone who was just IN AWE. Her face was expressionless, her eyes closed and the picture of calm.  And then...  She pouted her bottom lip, and that was the moment that Daddy became wrapped around the little finger of his only daughter. 
She is PRECIOUS.  Tyler took her back to the recovery room and they got her warmed up a bit, while they waited for me to arrive.

From the get go, she was ALERT.  She was wide awake and ready to meet the world!  Check out her double chin, too!

All 8 lbs. and 8 oz. of her....  black hair and pink skin.  Perfectly healthy in every way.
And check out that neck roll!
Tyler and Mom were able to "tag out" of the recovery room, and she got her first glimpse of the one and only Silves girl....  I think they both fell in love at first sight!


4 comments:

  1. Ah, so previous!!! Thanks for sharing pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so previous!!! Thanks for sharing pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright. I'm a sap. Totally tearing up at this post. She is SUCH a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to meet and hold her Tanya, giving you a bit of time to recover, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete