After getting back to my room, we were all anxious for THE BROTHERS to meet their new sister. Ready or not baby girl... here they came! Mom kept me company while Tyler met them in the parking lot and walked them in. 
Boys, this was THE LAST MOMENT that you had never met your sister. I have no doubt in my mind that each of you is going to be a great older sibling, and more than that, a great older brother. You will love her, protect her and look out for her all of her life, and torment her and make sure she is tough. You have done such an amazing job of helping Mom get ready to have her, of being helpers around the house and you talk to her all the time. I can't wait for you to meet her!
And then... you did!!! You all came tip toeing into the room, looking around at all of the equipment, and finally finding me, and your sister. You were in AWE of her, and how small she was. She was all wrapped up in a blanket, and Weston's first question to Grandma, with a very serious expression, was, "Does she have arms?" When Grandma assured him that she did, that wasn't enough, "I need to see them." He couldn't believe her tiny hands, fingers and toes. When I told Wayne that she was 8 lbs 8oz and the biggest of them all, he said, "Aww man! She beat me, no fair!"
Weston was thrilled with the gift that Addison got from Grandpa... a doll! This doll is crazy-animated.... her face moves and does things when she eats! Poor Wyatt wouldn't come anywhere near me, he was far too freaked out by how I looked, and all the equipment. He wasn't afraid of his sister though, and as soon as he could get her away from me, he held her and gave her a big kiss.
Weston LOVES Addison!
Can you believe that Tyler has FOUR kids? 4 kids. FOUR KIDS!
Our nurse was Lisa, who was AWESOME! She was so talented as a nurse, but also as a PERSON. She was great with the boys, and actually had them all help to give Addison her first bath. The each had a wash cloth, and a body part that they were in charge of, and they all helped and bossed Lisa around with everything else that needed to be done.
And there she is, all clean and ready for more snuggling! Halfway through the bath, Weston ran over to me and told me, "She has 2 pee-pee's!" At the end of her bath, they washed her back, and then he giggled, "I see Addison's butt cheeks!"
I can hardly believe that we are a family of SIX. For us, it is the perfect number, and I am sticking to my motto.... "Four and no more!"
So precious! Congratulations to all of you. Can't wait to meet your newest little blessing!
ReplyDeleteAdri