Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting to know Addison

Addison's first 24 hours were a WHIRLWIND.  Vistors, nurses, pain meds, and precious moments that only happen in your first 24 hours of LIFE!  Addison's look kept changing... from puffy and a little dirty, to smooth skinned, clean, and sweet.  Her hair went from black to dark brown, and we found out she has my fingers and toes (FINALLY, a Silves kid with my features!).  She absolutely captured our hearts.  Thanks to everyone who visited, texted, and congratulated us.  I may not remember the visit much, but I think we photographed almost everyone (EXCEPT Grandpa, it was totally crazy with the boys while he was there!)

Can you believe that ALL THREE of these have July 13 for their birthday?
Wayne was Addison's doctor for awhile.  He really heard her heart beat and proved it by tapping his finger to the beat.
Wayne was HYPER VIGILANT about washing his hands and using the hand sanitizer.  The nurse was SUPER impressed with his technique of scrubbing between his fingers and under his finger nails.  Thanks Nooksack Elementary for teaching him that!
This should be dubbed.... "The hat that raised doubts"  We thought it was so cute, we texted it to a few people, who promptly replied with, "I knew you'd change your mind about "girlie" when she arrived!"  To be clear...  I have not changed my mind!  More on that later.   :-)
We dubbed this picutre, "Wayne and the girls!"


She was a CHUB-CHUB when she was born!  Look at her CHEEKS!
Okay... not the greatest picture, but it was our our first picture together after I showered.  A first!
So cute...


One of the few pictures of Daddy and Addison....  He was AMAZING and took a ton of pictures... which meant he wasn't in many of them.  Also, with his cut and healing thumb, the diapers are a little hard to change (and the onesie snaps are a challenge too) so this was a bigger deal than you would first think!





Here she is, passing her hearing test with flying colors.  Freaky looking, isn't it?
And that is just a snapshot of her days in the hospital!  We were there from Friday until Monday when we checked out about 11:45 or so.  While it seems like that is a long time... it flew by.  Between getting her on a schedule, snuggling and feeding her, and getting my pain meds right, and visiting with family and friends AND occasionally catching a 15 minute nap, the time FLEW by.  I can't believe she is almost one week old already...  where does the time go?  I look at her compared to Wyatt and I thought he was our "baby" but....  she truly is our baby!  

2 comments:

  1. Tanya and family, Congratulations!! Addison is such a beautiful little angel. We are so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya and family, Congratulations!!! Addison is such a beautiful little angel. We are so excited for you. Love, Jamie Noteboom

      Delete