Friday, May 23, 2008
Busy, busy, busy!
Aagh! The Silves house is all a-twitter today. We are going to a wedding in Prosser this weekend, leaving tomorrow morning. It's our first family road trip, and the first time ever in a hotel with Wayne (and Weston too, of course.) I have a serious hotel phobia... the very idea of sleeping in that bad grosses me out (too many CSI shows!) My only comfort is that since the whole fam will be in the same room, there won't be much sleep going on anyway!!! If Weston has a night like last night, we are in trouble. (Boy, I bet my parents are glad I requested a room next to theirs! :-) Hee-hee-hee!) Today we are getting the yard done (Ski-to-Sea is this weekend, and we like to have it well groomed... the grass tramples less when it's short!) doing laundry, packing, cleaning the headstones and placing flowers at the cemetary, having a nice dinner, cleaning the Jeep so it's ready for the ROAD TRIP, and giving baths, laying out clothes, etc. Oh, and I have a baby shower to go to for my sister. Busy enough? Wayne is WILD, it's like he knows that this weekend is going to be different. He is just so darling... He had his hearing checked yesterday (it is fine.) My strategy before taking him in was to dress him cute, so that the Dr and nurses would see how adorable he is before he threw a tantrum over probes being stuck in his ears. It worked!!! They all thought he was beyond cute, and when he got upset, they were all quick to say,"I'm sure he's not usually like this." ;-) Sheer genious, that strategy was. What else... Oh yeah, packing for us. Packing for me is one thing, but two kiddos, one of which is his own everlasting fountain, is alot! Tyler thought I was taking too much, until I explained. His reply, "I guess that's about right then." Humph! I'll be sure to post photos and let you all know how the 4 hour trip goes, highlights and lowlights too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, have fun and good luck!!
ReplyDelete