Stay tuned for day 2! I know, we are so fascinating, right? We did have a great time on the trip, and the boys did so much better than I ever dreamed. That said, it was a long two days, and I am pooped! Wayne actually asked to take a nap this afternoon, and Weston is napping really well today too. I know how they feel! Between the laundry, etc. today has been pretty full, but I am going to go catch a 15 minute nap myself before Weston wakes up to eat. Here are a few day 1 highlights:
- We heard the word "nack!" from Wayne about a million times on the way there... he was one hungry (or bored!) little boy.
- We paid $3.77 for gas in Mt. Vernon (Everson was $4.09)
- Toys and movies make Road Tripping with a two year old much easier
- Coffee is a necessity when you are driving that far
- Public changing tables are gross, and that's only if you can find one!
- The one thing I didn't want was for Wayne to touch the hotel room floor... which of course is where he wanted to sit all the time (can you see me cringing!?!?)
- While nursing can be done anywhere, it is certainly easier and more comfortable to do it at home! A sampling of our feeding locations.... Starbucks (next to 2 state troopers, no less!), the Jeep (this I can deal with), the grass in front of the hotel (our rooms weren't ready), on the grass up against a retaining wall at the wedding (my attempt to be discreet was lost on the folks walking where they shouldn't be!) and oh yeah... in the Jeep!
No comments:
Post a Comment