Saturday, June 14, 2008

*We must continue on...*

I barely know where to begin on this post... Seriously, I don't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did tonight. My cheeks hurt! First, I went to a lovely baby shower for Grace and Amanda, but you'll have to check out Amanda and Heidi's blogs for the photos and rundown, as I didn't get any pictures. It was a LOVELY time.

On to other things... since the husbands are all fishing or at the Logging Show, Aunt Shelly and Kelsey and Bailey, and Mom and Tara and I went to Bellingham for our annual "girl's night out." We went to Red Robin, were we had an AMAZING waiter, who mostly got a kick out of how loud we were and how much we laughed, and that everyone at the table ordered water (except me.. I needed a diet coke!) on ladies night out. We left there, thinking the night was too young to head home (hey, I had a babysitter!) So we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Next we made a pit stop at Starbucks, but pregnant Tara wanted DQ ice cream. So, what are we going to do, deny a pregnant woman? We went through the drive through, where the attendant had a hard time hearing the order (the cackling women in the background didn't help, I'm sure!) He finally says to Tara, "Could you say that a little quieter?" Seriously, QUIETER?!?! He was a nice guy and ended up messing up the order, and giving us all the messups for free. Here's where the story begins....Bailey and I (I got a little burnt at the shower!)Sisters! Kelsey and Bailey w/ the onion ring tower.
Tara had to have ice cream! Isn't she a cute pregnant lady? 28 weeks.
Yeah... this photo says it all! As we pulled out of the DQ by Cordata, we noticed 3 young men coming across the parking lot. One had a bloody face, like he'd been punched and they were chasing after two guys. We thought we were seeing a fight, and didn't want the one guy to get hurt anymore... Now, we've all watched many a TV show where they do "Sting" operations to see if normal citizens would respond to someone in need. Us ladies took 2 seconds to decide that we needed to call 911 and try to follow them. We also noticed a red car with a husband and wife sitting in the DQ parking lot, watching things unfold. I called 911 and told the lady what we were seeing. She asked if it was the shoplifters from Cost Cutter. I had no idea, but said the guy was bloody. She responded that yes, two guys had shoplifted, then hit the Cost Cutter employee and ran. We told her which way we last saw them going, and she asked us to maintain a visual. However... we had alredy lost it! She also said 4 squad cars were on the way. We circled back to see if we could find them, and spotted them walking north on Cordata, closer to Madrona this time. We tried to flag down the police SUV in the roundabout with us and point, but he did not get what we were saying. The SUV exited the roundabout westbound, and so did we (those roundabouts are confusing!) We again called 911 and told them where they were, and that one guy had taken off his sweatshirt and was now wearing red. The police cars all took off again, and eventually went out on foot behind the Best Buy building. We circled around the area, convinced we could spot them hiding, and when we finally headed towards home, we saw the police down a side street (one that we had flipped a u'ie in earlier) arresting one of the suspects. The night was full of surprises, huh? Let me make it clear that we DID NOT interfere with the police in any way. Nor did we put ourselves in any danger. I just strongly feel that we as citizens need to help when we can, and speak up. I know some people who are afraid to dial 911, but when the situation calls for someone in uniform, call!!! The funny thing was, in our initial circle around back by the DQ, we asked the people in the red car which way the guys had gone, they told us, and we told them we had called 911. They gave us the "thumbs up" and pulled out of the parking lot. Throughout the rest of the search, we saw them repeatedly make the rounds, just like we were. At one point they pulled up becide us, and we shared info (the clothes change, direction, etc.) About to pull away from us, they said, "We must continue on!" It was in that ally that the police made the arrest, about 10 minutes later.
Mom's "infra-red" which she said could detect the guys hiding in the grass. This brought on MANY fits of giggles from the 'burban. On the phone with Adam, who she had to tell about the events unfolding! (Note Tara with her ice cream....)There they are!Bailey pretending to be scared, and everyone else laughing at her!
The last police officer we saw as we were driving away.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a night for sure. I don't know if any other girls night out will be able to top this one. Thanks for the laughs!!!

    ReplyDelete