Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Cheers" to Seven Years!

Yesterday was our 7th anniversary. Hard to believe that it has been that long. So much has changed in that period of time. Here's the highlights as I can recall them:

Year 1: Newlyweds, figuring things out, new job, school, learning to cook,
Year 2: New job for Tyler, getting really busy with my job, cooking, learning to cook well (yes, there's a difference between this and just plain cooking!) new car and a new truck,
Year 3: The year of the remodel, changing churches, LOTS of hours working for me, trying to get pregnant.
Year 4: projects wrapping up around the house, being pregnant, really loving and being comfortable with life as it is. It seems like we were at the edge of a cliff, and everything was about to change.
Year 5: IT ALL CHANGED! :-) I quit working for 8 months of that year, was on bedrest, had a baby, took 3 months to recover from the C-section, did I mention WE HAD A BABY!?!? We were so anxious and excited for Wayne to arrive, and now I don't really remember what life was like without him.
Year 6: Baby Wayne kept growing and growing, I worked part time, we decided to build a garage, more house projects, and pregnant again. We had Weston, and he is just a delightful boy... So fun and full of life (and a little spit and vinegar too!)
Year 7: What will be in store for us this year? More house projects... yes. More pregnancies/kids.... No! Yes, eventually, but the plan is not for this year! We want to enjoy our boys for awhile longer before increasing the flock. Our focus this year is to not work so hard, to take time to have "Family Fun" days, and to continue making helping others a priority in our lives. I know Wayne is only 2, but they can learn very young how to help.

I am happy to say that I am FAR more in love with my husband today than I was 7 years ago. I didn't know it back then, I thought that I loved him as much as I possibly could. Not true. God has allowed my heart to continue growing, so that I can love him more and more. And, as I've been told, love is not a feeling, it is an act of your will. As many of you know, I am quite willful! He is truly one of a kind, and one of my 3 favorite blessings! Love ya honey, Happy 'Versaries!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 7 years! Its amazing how time goes by so quickly! Many blessings to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 7 year anniversary is on 8/4. Remember when we had the joint wedding shower??? I also can't believe that we graduated from WWU 7 years ago!!! Time does fly!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete