Friday, July 4, 2008

It's Independence Day!

I have that song stuck in my head... you know, the country one "talk about your revolution, it's Independence Day. Let freedom ring! Let the white dove sing...
" Ringing a bell to anyone? I am truly thankful for those who put their lives on the line to protect me and my family. Just yesterday I was talking with a dear friend who's husband is in the air force. I asked how she did it, how she handled it when he was so far away for so long. She said that she believed in what he was doing, and the protection it was affording us, and so she felt there was no other choice for them. I want to thank any of you who have either served, or are family to those who have or who are doing so now. Thank you. I've always loved the song, "Proud to be an American" and I believe it still rings true today. I am so thankful for our freedom, to do as we choose, have families and the freedom to raise them as we believe, and the freedom to worship the Lord. Truly, I am grateful for all of these blessings today! I will go to our BBQ, chase kids and probably eat so much I'll be sick :-). I will have a wonderful time, but I will remember that this day does not come without a price, and I will be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tanya, you are so good! My mom asked today if any of us had thought about what we were celebrating, and I have to admit I hadn't. Thank you for reminding me to be grateful!

    ReplyDelete