Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not a "staycation", not a "Daycation," but a VACATION! Part 1

Okay, so by my own definition, a vacation is being away from home for one night. It's not a day trip, or just taking the day off of doing work and projects around the house. It's leaving home, doing something fun, and spending the night somewhere else. WE DID IT! On Sunday night we decided that we would head down to Seattle on Monday afternoon. Pretty spontaneous for me, I know. I am a huge list maker and planner, so this was quite spur of the moment. Add to that the fact that I WORKED on Monday from 8-2:30, and you'd almost thing I'd gone nuts! Tyler is AMAZING. He did laundry, and had everything pretty much packed, boys included, and we pulled anchor about 3:45pm. We drove down to Marysville, where we first went for dinner at Applebee's (Wayne can say "Apple" so we got some word practice in!) Next, we went to the Tulalip Outlet mall and did some shopping. It was actually really fun to weave in and out of all the stores, shopping separately and then meeting up again (we had a lot of ground to cover in only an hour or so!) We got a few things (a few t-shirts for Tyler, clothes from Carter's, and new frying pans for me!) and then went to our hotel. We stayed at the Holiday Express there, which was GREAT! Seriously, can you imagine I am saying "GREAT" about a hotel!?! They completely gross me out usually, but this one was so clean, I WENT BAREFOOT! Shocking. And I didn't even cringe when Wayne sat on the floor. Best of all, there were no "bedspreads" (or whatever you call those.) Those things are nasty, because they don't get washed between guests. Anyhow... the hotel was great! We settled in, then changed into swimsuits and went swimming all by ourselves for 45 minutes. The boys just loved the water. It was great to each have a boy, and have so much fun. We couldn't believe Weston... he never stopped kicking!

Wayne was all excited to see the pool.
Tyler's favorite part... Wayne holding on to him tightly!


What's more fun than splashing?


The Silves Boys

Stay tuned... Day 2 of vacation will be coming later!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had some great family fun...at least on day 1. I'm excited to see what day 2 brings! Enjoy these moments!!

    ReplyDelete