Thursday, August 21, 2008

Best Zuchinni Recipe Ever!

BATTER-FRIED ZUCCHINI STICKS
Printed from COOKS.COM
1 c. sifted flour1 tsp. baking powder1/2 tsp. salt1 egg, lightly beaten1 c. milk2 tbsp. oil1 lb. zucchini, cut into 3 or 4-inch sticksAdditional flour (optional)Oil for deep frying

SAUCE:
Mix mayonaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, crushed garlic and dried dill.

Sift flour with baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Combine egg, milk and 2 tablespoons oil. Slowly add to dry ingredients, beating until smooth. Pat zucchini sticks very dry and if desired dredge lightly in flour. Dip pieces, one at a time, in batter. Fry in deep oil heated to 375 degrees (medium heat) until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with more salt, if desired.

Makes 2 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Could I get some Zucchini??? I didn't plant any in my garden this
    year.:-( Your recipe sounds yummy! Love ya and keep up the blogging...I love to sit at night and read all about your sweet little family. Once in a while I see my sweet family in your pics.Bye for now. Auntie

    ReplyDelete