Monday, August 11, 2008

I want to be Michael Phelps for a day

I was just watching the Olympics (cartoons are now banned from this house, it's Olympics around here! Wayne even knows how to chant "USA" and "GO-go-GO!") and an interview on Michael Phelps, who I have adored since the Athens games. Anyhow... they were discussing a "day in the life" of him, and mentioned that he has been told to eat 8,000-10,000 calories per day!!! He said he just eats and eats, and tries to get as much down as he can. They listed what he eats for breakfast, and it was disgusting. Amazing. I am in awe of all these Olympians, and what they have pushed their bodies to do. They have earned the freedom to eat that many calories I guess!

1 comment:

  1. We were watching that last night also. Wow, that boy can eat!

    ReplyDelete