Friday, October 31, 2008

Something gross for Halloween....

There once was a toe ingrown,
But only to the owner was it known.
To avoid the stress,
He thought he could solve the mess.
All on his own!

Such began the saga 6 weeks ago with Tyler's ingrown toe nail. It got infected, and he ended up going to the doctor twice for antibiotics. That didn't work, so FINALLY he went in to the doctor yesterday to have part of the nail removed. He asked the doctor if he could "see where the problem was" to which Dr. Whitehead said, "Huh, yeah!" He also put something on the toe nail bed to kill it, so it won't grow back. Tyler does not have the... er... how do I say this nicely? Most aesthetically pleaseing toes. Oh, and did I mention both of our boys have the same? Genetics, gotta love them! Tyler said the pain relief was immediate (well, as soon as the numbing wore off, it was immediate anyway!) I wanted to take a picture of it now, and show you how much they cut off, but he said no, because I'd just post it on the blog! (He seems to be my source of medical grossness on here! Think back to the elbow pictures!) And I'll close with this...

If ingrown is our own toe nail,
Don't delay or act like a snail.
Mighty tempting is an "at-home" fix,
But the doctor has WAY more tricks!

Happy Halloween all! Check back later for pictures of our adorable boys (I am so full of it!) and their cute costumes!

3 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about this . . . I am so HAPPY Tyler's toe is better. Seriously, the doctor's "tricks" are way better than the digging and doctoring we do on our own! Happy Halloween! P to the S . . . love your poems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you left the pictures out! However, you are very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it was best to leave out the pictures. Cute poem - I've decided your creativity is endless!

    ReplyDelete