We did not have a single child in the church nursery. Not one of those darling munchkins was ours. Not one!!! Weston was "promoted" (aka: kicked out of) from the nursery to the 2's and 3's class. Guess who else is in that class? Wayne! They will be together until September, when Wayne will move up to the preschool class. I had been preparing Wayne, telling him that Weston could go with him, and that he needed to be the big boy and help him out, be kind, show him what to do, etc. Here is Wayne's response, as word for word as I can remember:
Wayne: Weston will come to class with me? Yay! I will be kind to him, and I will let him play with my friends. I have to be nice to my friends, my teacher says. And obey. And Jesus! I will teach Weston about Jesus!
*Sigh* Nothing like a three year old to humble you. I was so caught up in Wayne helping Weston to transition and how Weston would respond/do in a classroom setting, I completely forgot about the fact that this is Weston's very first class setting where he will be LEARNING about Jesus. The woman who teaches their class takes their education very seriously, and packs the class full of projects, fun, and active learning. She is a blessing! I was so proud that Wayne remembered what he had been learning, and that he wanted to teach it to Weston. How precious and special is that?
Where does Wyatt go? Shaun "graduates" from our nursery in 2 weeks!
ReplyDeleteSuzanne
At this point, Quiet Wyatt stays with us!
ReplyDelete