I have favorite songs that come and go. In my younger years (hey, I'm turning 30 this year!) those songs tended to be upbeat, fast, make you smile type of songs. These days, they are usually slow, make you think, and turn your eyes up kind of songs. "What Do I Know of Holy?" is my new favorite, by Addison Road. And hey, I love the name "Addison." How could you go wrong?
You'll notice the song is the first one listed in the player at the right. Maybe its already playing by the time you get this far in to this post! :-) If it's not, click on it, listen, then read the lyrics, below.
When I listen to this song, the day seems better. My head feels clearer. The house is not so noisy. My to-do list isn't so long. I love the line, "the slightest hint of you, brought me to my knees." I serve a mighty, mighty God. And He is more than I could ever want or need or even imagine.
I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?
(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?
I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees
(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?
(CHORUS 2)
What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life "its" name?
What do I know of Holy?
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?
(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of Holy?
Just what I needed to read today . . . made me cry, but it felt good. :) Love all the songs on your playlist.
ReplyDeleteTanya~ I love this song too
ReplyDeleteI am going to have Byron download this on our Zune!!! I love Addison Road and the lyrics are amazing! So thankful to serve a Mighty God, too!!!
ReplyDelete