So by yesterday afternoon, I called Brenna, and planned to leave for the night. I invited Tyler along, and told him if he didn't want to come, he could just sit and relax in the garage for a few hours while Brenna had the kids. Faced with those options, he came with me.
When Brenna asked how long we'd be gone, I replied, "I don't know, but I am for sure not coming home until I get the "all clear" from you that they are all in bed. Sleeping." Being the sweet girl she is, she called around 8:30pm to tell me that indeed, they were all asleep and I could come home whenever I wanted. Bless her.
So Tyler and I bolted from the house at 5:30. The boys were fed and exhausted (that happens when you are two and three years old, and you don't take a nap like you should.) Tyler and I pulled out of the driveway and never looked back. We desperately needed a night away. We started by crashing Tanya and Jason's date night at Black Forrest (or whatever they are calling it now.) We had drinks and appies, and my ice cold diet pepsi never tasted so good. Then, it was off to Bellingham to run a few errands and then go for dinner. I know! We were livin' it up!
By this time we had managed to tell each other a few things that we had neglected to tell each other with all of the chaos of the day. Here's a summary:
- Wayne and Weston managed to find three screw drivers, and were sitting on the living room floor, surrounded by battery operated toys, unscrewing all of the battery compartments.
- Weston got into Tyler's change that he rolls and turns into cash. Now, $100 in quarters are missing.
- Wayne has REPEATEDLY gotten himself in trouble by fighting with Weston, and Weston keeps getting in trouble for fighting with Wayne. When either one gets placed on the "naughty step" for being mean to the other, the other feels so sorry for him that they both sit together on the step.
We were glad you were able to crash our date night! We always enjoy visiting with you. Not fair that you were able to stay out later than us though.
ReplyDeleteWe had our runaway day as well on Saturday! The kids went and played at my Aunt and Uncle's house! As parents we so need that! We had been cooped up in the house all week b/c of the weather. We have had lots of snow and its been extremely cold, not to mention just trying to get back on a normal schedule after Christmas! We all needed the break! I can't imagine what its like with all boys! Its crazy around our house with 1 boy I can't imagine 3!!! Glad that you and Tyler got some time together and that you were refreshed!!!
ReplyDeleteTrust me the craziness comes on it's own - no one has to drive you there!! You're doing a great job momma - this too shall past - all too fast!
ReplyDelete