Saturday, August 14, 2010

The "airpane" Practice (we're not brave enough for the show)

Well, we're four days into the big fishing trip, and I haven't once regretted Tyler going, so that's got to be a record!!!  The boys are just at such a great stage, all of them, and we've actually had quite a bit of fun together.  And Taylor was here for 24 hours, so that helped too!!!  The boys are having a blast... they caught 35 fish or so, so far.  Every time they've called because they have reception, from the sounds of the banter and background noise, they are having a great time together.  I wonder how many of their stories I'll get to hear?  

Wyatt is really pulling up on things.  A lot.  I clean my patio windows twice a day, and it's still not enough!  I think I may take a sabbatical for the next 24 hours.
Thursday was our day to head to my sister's to watch the planes practicing for the air show tomorrow.  She lives directly south of the Abbotsford (I think it's Abbostford) airport, and they see a lot of plane action!  We went out to the middle of her field with a blanket, and sat down for a good hour, watching the sky, and laughing at the kids.  Madelyn was pretty excited that I brought licorice, and ate as much as she could, as fast as she could, before her mama cut her off.  And seriously, how does she sit like this?
Weston was SUPER excited.  He'd jump and point every time we'd hear the engines.
When Grandma arrived, there was some TOTALLY excited kids.  They were all screaming "Grandma!" as they sprinted toward her through the field.  What a greeting!  I wish they did that for me!
Madelyn wanted the last few drops of my coffee.  
After an hour or so, we walked over to the neighbor's goats and donkey's.  The kids fed them grass, and it was definitely a highlight of the afternoon.  I think Weston would have climbed on for a little ride if he could have!
Where's your head go?
By 5:30 we made our way back up to the house, and we got a little dinner together.  Everyone brought what they had, but Mom had CABBAGE ROLLS which were BEYOND delicious.  We had fun eating the "girl" food we can't always have with the guys around!  Cabbage salad, cabbage rolls, watermelon, chips, and the kids had nuggets and french fries.  Dessert was ice cream cones, a Bajema tradition that we all love!

Just before dinner though, Aunt Tanya and Ethan came to pick up Wayne.  With his sister's gone, Ethan was begging for his buddy Wayne to have a sleepover with him.  Wayne was so excited, and had his bag packed that morning by 8am.  He said that all he need was swim trunks and pajamas.  What a light packer!  When I put him in the van to leave, he gave me a big hug, and told me, "Mom, I am going to miss you.  I love you so much."  I about started bawling, but gave him a big hug and told him that I loved him too.  He hugged me back, then said, "Okay mom, that's enough.  I have to go now."  
When did my baby get so big?

1 comment:

  1. I have more pictures for you! I just need to get them to you. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete