is going to come to an end, I hope! The past week has been busy busy, and I haven't felt much in the mood for blogging. I know, I know, so not like me. Forgive me!
We have been eeking out every bit of summer fun that we can, because the mornings feel like fall is in the air. Our afternoons are still hitting the eighties, but with the chilly mornings... Summer is on its last leg.
With fall coming, there are some ch-ch-ch-changes coming for us too. Wayne is going to start preschool! He will go Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for 2 1/2 hours in the morning. He is beyond excited, and talks a lot about Teacher Pam, his backpack, what school will be like, etc. He came into our room at 3am one morning, telling me that he had a great idea, he could take the bus to preschool! Why he came up with that one at that hour, I'm not sure, but I told him only mom's take their kids to preschool, not buses. His only concern about going has been, "Will there be food there? I will be hungry!" He is OBSESSED with food lately, and from the markings on the trim inside the laundry room closet, it looks like he's grown almost two inches in the last six weeks or so. No wonder he's eating me out of house and home! Because of that, we needed to do a little "school shopping." He is growing out of almost everything in his closet, and is down to 2 dress shirts and 2 t-shirts that are wearable in his closet. His stained and holey play clothes are not preschool worthy! So Grandma and I took him yesterday. It was so much fun to spend time with him, and to have the shopping skills of my mom along (you should see her in TJ-Maxx.... impressive!) TJ Maxx, Target, and Old Navy were all the stops we needed to get him school clothes, a few play clothes, a coat, and wedding clothes for Kelsey's wedding. Wayne is a bell ringer, and he just had a conversation with Kelsey that went something like, "I am excited to ring the bells at your wedding. But I need a flower for my pocket. Like Aaron. A red flower with a long stem, that's what wedding boys need. Will I have a flower? Hey! Will you have food? If I'm going to be in your wedding, I'm going to need food! I like to have a ham and cheese sandwich with mustard. That's my favorite." Then later, I overheard him talking to Tyler, "Dad, why is she going to marry that boy? Why would she do that?" Such a funny kid!
With preschool, my work schedule will be changing to Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm looking forward to the change of pace and schedule. Tyler will still watch the boys one day each week, with Tanya having them on the other. The boys ADORE their Aunt Tanya, and I couldn't feel more at ease when they are with her.
Wyatt is growing up. Really growing up. He stood all by himself today, for about thirty seconds. He was so proud of himself, giggling and swinging his arms until he fell down. I was BEYOND shocked. One second he was leaning against the ottoman, and the next, standing on his own two legs. He has also started waving "bye-bye" and is pretty stinking proud of his little trick. If you're over for coffee, and backing out of the driveway as you leave, look on the porch, and you'll see him waving!
Weston is just a little monkey, but a very helpful one. His latest obsession is keeping the kitchen floor clean, especially underneath Wyatt's highchair. When Wyatt makes a mess, Weston runs and gets the broom and picker upper thing, and cleans it all up for me. SWEET! :-) He is also talking more and more. Today he said "Beppe" for the first time, and was clear as day. Also new to his vocab is "no." Lovely!
So today was a crabbing and cleaning up sort of day. Tyler took Wayne crabbing with Uncle Jason, Ethan and Brenna, and they had fun. I stayed home and did some wedding stuff, had Beppe and cousin Tim over, made applesauce, cleaned and cooked, and am working on taking down the pool. It's been a fabulous day!
And me... well, I'm doing okay. All of these changes are hard for me. I like change, but not uncertainty. And I've had a really hard time lately with the kids growing up so fast. Ulgh. I am working on it, but deep down I know that this is how it should be. And that I better hurry up and embrace where they are today, because one year from now I'll be wishing they are this age, instead of last year's age! (Did that make any sense at all?) I have also felt a little... overwhelmed, I guess. I do a lot of things for a lot of people, and have pretty high standards for myself. Sometimes, something's gotta give, and I think in the last few weeks, it's been my mind! :-) Tyler tells me to say no, but let's face it, it's not in my personality. And I WANT to do the things I do to help people. I just can't do them all at once!!! I am looking forward to some nice long, quiet, scrapbook days this fall! :-)
Okay, more posts to come... I have lots of pictures to share!!!!
SHOCKING! :-)
Oh yeah.... and be looking for my photography blog to come back... I miss it, and some of you do too!
No comments:
Post a Comment