The DeGroot family party was a lot of fun this year. Every year the family gets bigger and louder. And we can EAT I tell you! I wish I had the list from Aunt Shelly of what everyone had to bring. I brought apple cider, artichoke dip and chips, and caramel corn. Yeesh! From appetizers to dinner to dessert, my mom's HUGE island was covered in food. Mom had the party at her house this year, because Nana has not been feeling well as of late. Actually, her and Papa weren't able to come to the party at all, which was very different. Papa always gets a special twinkle in his eye at Christmas, and I missed that! He still sent ahead a game and gifts, as well as ornaments for the great grandkids and a really neat star decoration for all the women. He is so thoughtful, and so gifted with his hands and woodworking. Those gifts will always be treasures! Tana and McKenzie were in from California, as was Todd, and Jeremy and Anna came from Mt. Vernon. All of the "little" cousins are now teenagers, which is way weird! Wyatt found a buddy in Lane, my cousin Katie's little guy - and the two of them kept hugging each other all night. It was so stinkin' cute! I thought for sure I would not have the only "I'm Pregnant" announcement, but no one else 'fessed up before the end of the night, so.. We will see! :-) We even got all the great-grandkids together for a picture for Papa and Nana - now I just need to think of a fun way to give it to them. Somehow, I don't think just one picture captures that crazy 5 minutes!



No comments:
Post a Comment