Saturday, September 8, 2012

Eeek! We have EGGS!

Weston, Wyatt and I were waiting for Wayne to get off the bus on Wednesday and were checking the garden for vegetables to eat with dinner.  We noticed there was a golf ball on the floor of the chicken coop, and thought we'd check the egg box - like we have a dozen other times.  Tyler had put a few golf balls in the egg box, because there was a chicken farming rumor that this helped them to know where to lay.  I looked, and I started SHRIEKING.... AN EGG!  Wyatt's chicken and laid an egg, a real one!  She did it again the next day, and is due for another today.  The boys are PUMPED because omelet Sunday is going to be made with their very own raised chicken eggs.  Wayne and Weston are a little ticked that their chickens haven't started laying yet, but soon enough.  Until then, it's pretty fun to head out and see what they are doing.  It's either "She just laid an egg" or "she's going to lay an egg" or "she's laying an egg right now!"



No comments:

Post a Comment