Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Football Game

Wayne's first football game was this past Saturday.  I have no idea what the score was, but I know that he had fun, and I had my hands full.  Tyler was doing "lines" (no idea what that meant, other than he had to hold a stick for the whole game) and I was chasing after Wyatt, Weston, and rocking Addison quite a bit.  The iPad only entertained the kids for so long, and then it was just a game of cat and mouse until the final whistle blew.  It was a beautiful day though, and there was a fun park to play at.  Honestly, I was completely a hot and sweaty mess when it was all said and done, and I think the words, "I will never take them to another football game again" were uttered from my mouth.  More than that awfulness, what I truly remember is Tyler's response.  He sat down with both Wyatt and Weston that afternoon, and a had a heart to heart about how their actions that morning had hurt my feelings, etc. etc.  Later on, each boy came up to me and told me on their own how sorry they were for _______ and ___________ and __________ and how they wanted to still go to football and that they would be a good boy.  WOW.  Whatever Dad said to them sure got through to their hearts!






No comments:

Post a Comment