The last thing on our "sand" bucket list was going to the river for a weanie roast. Even though the night didn't turn out as planned - I am checking it off the list!
We all met up, and decided that with a burn ban on, we shouldn't have a fire (bad example for the kids, right?) Grandpa to the rescue though - he took charge and went to Little Caeser's. NO ONE was worried about if he would get enough, the right kind of pizza, or anything at all. My Dad can handle dinner! He didn't disappoint either... think crust, bacon bits, pepperoni, fancy Italian bread, and COOKIES. The night was finally getting cooler, after an almost 90 degree day, and the hot pizza alongside the river... a perfect dinner indeed. The kids were so distracted by their fishing poles and other adventures that they had a hard time focusing on their dinner though.
The rule was that they could only go in the water up to their ankles. A few of them pushed it to their knees a time or two, but otherwise all the kids did really well along the river. They especially liked the boats with people/fishermen that would float by, and would strike up conversations with them. Ha!
Reading Madelyn's mind: If I smile really cute at my Auntie, she won't notice this water is past my ankles."
Grandpa went on Addison duty for awhile. She was HOT so she lounged in just her diaper for awhile, which made her HAPPY.
Is that a little boy, or just a really big stick?
Real fishing poles aren't as much fun as one you make yourself, and bait with a Cheeto!
And what does a father of four do when he wants to fish but has to chase kids too? He rigs his pole to his chair, and puts a bell on the end, OF COURSE! :-)
Oh Kallen, baby. You are precious to us. We love you, Joy Boy Junior!
I have no idea what they are all doing... I think they said they were sand people? More like "sand in every crack" people!
*sigh* Isn't she sweet?
"Wyatt and Treven, let me take your picture together!" Every time I say this, this is the shot I get! And while Wyatt is ducking a bit, Treven really is that much taller than him!
The Sand People II.
I love where we live. The farmland, the mountains, and the way the last rays of the day highlight them all.
fantastic pictures... love all of them....
ReplyDelete