On Saturday Tyler and my Dad had a moment of temporary insanity and decided to take Wayne AND Weston out on the boat to catch some crab. I think the plan was to put Weston in a life jacket, and just to be safe attach a rope to his vest so that they could fish him back in if he went overboard. I don't know if they actually did it, and I don't want to know either. He came back safe and sound, and I'm good with that! Actually, Tyler said that Weston was ridiculously good, and that he loved every minute of it. Wayne had fun too, but only after he "returned" all of the Grandma treats he had eaten from her house until they were out on the water. After that, he chippered up nicely!
The boys were successful too, bringing home 19 crab in all. Can't beat that!
And can I just take this moment to vent? My wonderful, adoring, normally wife-pleasing husband had the camera with, because he KNOWS I like to capture every single second of our children's lives on some sort of digital device to be viewed when we are old and gray, and THESE are the pictures he took of the boys "crabbing." When I asked him if he was serious, he couldn't figure out my problem.
Seriously? You take them out on the ocean to crab, and there is not ONE picture of the OCEAN? Or of them with their Dad? Or their grandpa?
Not one?
The boys caught on where Grandpa hid the snacks, allowing their own little cabin party on the boat!
ReplyDelete