Saturday, June 11, 2011

Class Reunion

With preschool ending last week, Wayne was a little sad.  We'd catch up sitting quietly in a corner, and when we asked him what was wrong, he'd say, "I'm just thinkin' 'bout my friends that I miss from school.  What do you think they are doin' today?"  I didn't dare tell him we were meeting some of them at the park - until we were actually on the way to park, and I didn't tell him that his good friend Kasey was going to be there - until I actually SAW Kasey in the parking lot when we pulled up.  The two boys hugged and jumped up and downs screaming, "My buddy, my buddy!"  Kasey is a cool kid, with fantastic parents and him and Wayne hit it off this past school year.  With three other classmates (although they were girls) the class reunion was a success!  We played and played, snacked and played, ate lunch and played, and then played one more time before we had to go.  I think 2 hours at a park set a record for us!  It was a gorgeous day - dare I even say HOT!  It was really nice to be able to chat with the other moms too.  So often throughout the school year we would make small talk in 1 and 2 minute conversations, so it was lovely to be chat and learn more about them.  Our conversation ranged from parenting styles, discipline, the school district, kindergarten, coupons, jobs and summer plans.  Whew!  Our time flew by, and I can't wait to get together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment