Summer lovin' - happened so fast!
With promises of sunshine and near 80 degree temps - we decided to setup the pool on Friday. I started out filling it with bathtub-like warm water, and the boys had a BLAST slippin' and sliding their way around. Preschool is over, soccer is over but nothing says SUMMER like the pool in the backyard. And the boys are definitely NOT afraid of water.

After a little while, I said ENOUGH of this city boy stuff - cold water it is (I don't want THAT gas bill!) So as the pool was filling up, we had a late night-after what should have been their bedtime-smores roast. Mmmm. The first of the season! The boys were so good - it's like they know it's past their bed time, and at the slightest fussing they are going to be sent to bed. I wish they thought that all day long! :-) Weston was so excited to do his own marshmallow this year. And he got to roast it in his Super Man jammies!
On to Saturday... I know, I bet you can hardly believe all the family fun we had this weekend! With Tyler off work, and the sun shining, there was no holding us back. This was the very first event we've ever attended without a stroller. Weird! Strange! AWESOME!!!! The littles rode well in the wagon, the BIG pulled it fairly straight, and Tyler and I just strolled along doing nothing. Okay, so Tyler actuall carried the basket of snacks and treats, and I snapped pictures the whole way, but anything beats pushing a stroller around.
There was a bit of a misunderstanding on the parade time.... We thought we'd get there at 9:30 for a 10am parade.... and were VERY prompt arriving at 9:25 for a 10:30am parade! With time to kill, I let the hoodlum's run free. These two cousins stopped running long enough for me to get their picture, but what you can't see is how much they are huffing and puffing from all the running.Wyatt was oh-so-content with Brenna. The Silves boys LOVE them some Brenna, that's for sure! She is ADORED by all three of them, and I can't blame them. She loves on them like crazy!
Hmm.. Bet you wish you knew what they were all looking at!
That's my Wayne.... anything UP must be JUMPED from. Oh WAIT. That's Weston. When did he get that big????
Miss Maddie came and joined us for a snack and a drink, before heading to the shady side of the street. Too bad to, because she had some HIP sunglasses.
The "backstreet boys" plus Trisha, Paig, Emma Rae, and Wyssa. I mean Alyssa. We like to think of her as a Silves sister, so we call her Wyssa. Her sister is Wrenna, and her brother is Wethan!
The marching band from Meridian was the BEST! Can't believe I just typed that.
Whew! Would you believe.... there's MORE???? More Silves Family FUN to come! It's only Saturday morning!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment