Saturday, June 11, 2011

Graham cracker+Chocolate+Marshmallow=SUMMER

As if we hadn't been having enough fun already, what with the parade and the pool - we also got an invite for a campfire at Church Camp - I decided that's what I'm calling my sister's place!  We were ELATED and the boys could hardly wait to head out.  It was one of those days where you've spent the whole day outside, and your skin is feeling warm, and maybe even a little crisp.  Out of habit, I grabbed sweatshirts for everyone, but then didn't even need them it was still so warm.  We walked out to the campgrounds, enjoying the freshly cut grass, and the SUNSHINE.
 It's so weird having all the boys older.  I know they will be even "older" next year and the year after that, but compared to how much "younger" they have been, I love this age!  They all walk with an adequate level of coordination.  They help each other.  When I say "stop" or "you're getting too far ahead!" they actually stop.  Like I said, Weird.
 Yup, there is proof in this post that I actually SIT.  Sometimes.  It does take a campfire, a chair, and some of my favorite peeps to accomplish it though.  And a cute boy to snuggle with never hurts!
 Miss Madelyn is pretty insistent about being the only one to use her swing, but she was gracious in allowing the boys and Grandma to push her as much as they wanted.  Weston loved it!  It was intriguing to watch him figure out the timing of when to push her, and when to get out of the way.  Grandma and I got nervous about that dead tree/branch behind him, and went over and PULLED it out of the ground, that's how soggy it's roots were!  No wonder the thing died. 
 Tara is a full 8 months pregnant, and starting to move a little more slowly and a little more awkwardly.  Madelyn is about 6 months along. :-)  I think I need to have this shot framed for her!
 Totally blurry, I know, but this next pictures captures two things....  That Madelyn DID share her swing, and that Weston LOVED it.  "UP!!!!"
 Mmmm..  Nothing like smores to end a hot day.  Wayne was the life of the party, exploring and eating, and exploring some more.  He's really practicing his smores skills, wanting to get the perfect level of brown.

I have one more picture to post... but have been warned not to.  Let's just say that one Grandma who you may or may not know, thought she was pushing so many kids on the swing that she looked like a Carnie!  After getting her a quick prop - she TOTALLY did!  :-)  Hey - you can't blog everything (I guess!)

No comments:

Post a Comment