Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve - at Cedar Hill

I can't think of a better way to kick off Christmas then by starting to celebrate on Christmas Eve Eve.  Our theme this year was LOW KEY.  With 7 kids that are 5 and under, it can get a little crazy!  We started out at 4 with appetizers and playing, and a few presents too, followed by ribs, potatoes, veggies and salad.  I wish I could tell you it was the most delicious food ever (because it was) but the truth was I could barely eat because I have been so sick lately - pregnancy will do that to you!  :-)  My precious husband was VERY sweet, and let me stay sitting in a chair most of the night.   Hard to believe, but if I walk around too much after the kids, I get motion sick!  After dinner we kept opening gifts, and it was FUN.  Not just because my mom is unbelievably thoughtful and creative - and truly LOVES giving.  But because it was relaxing and fun to watch all the kids, and it was everything that an unforgettable Christmas should be. 
 The pillow pets were such a hit - topped only by the personalized blankies!  The kids were just SO EXCITED and THRILLED with everything.  Their squeals and screams just made you smile!  We even played a game - guess how many pillows are in the house?  Breanne was stinkin' close with her guess of 66, and won the prize - Starbucks gift card!  I found the pickle on the tree - and took home Dutch cheese!
 My mom gave each of us girls a canvas print of a close up of our kids - our big surprise was that we had FOUR of them!  Breanne was a little surprised, but I think Tara was a LOT surprised!  Tyson...  he was speechless!  Todd wasn't at all surprised - Wayne had told him the secret earlier that day when he stopped by the house.  It was a hard secret to keep!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I thought you were glowing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats-love the canvas photo's of all 4!

    ReplyDelete