Monday, December 19, 2011

Scheenstra Family Christmas

Friday was a fun night filled with food, laughter - and BINGO!  I love this annual tradition, and this year was even more fun, since both Wayne and Weston could play with us, and enjoy the game.  They each won TWO ROUNDS - unheard of!  The look on Weston's face as he came forward with his hand in the air in a fist, yelling "Bingo!" in a shy whisper was PRICELESS.  He circled the table round and round before finding his present.  He walked away with a flashlight and a slinky -perfect!  Wayne did well too - He was FOCUSED throughout the game.  He unwrapped a 20Q game, and a dutch delicacy (yes, chocolate on toast is a delicacy people).  In the end, he gave the 20Q game to another cousin who really wanted it, and afterall, in Wayne's words, "I can't read that great anyway, so he should have it."  Made this Mama proud!  I snuck a stocking present to him at home, to reward him for his sweetness.  Wyatt had a great night either being pushed or pushing other kids on the dog.  I played with this dog when I was his age, and I think my Dad played with it too!!!  It's made in Europe, I guess, but it's been in the family forever.  

Aunt Thelma - we missed you!!!









Wayne got to "call" for a round!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for thinking of me-You brought tears to my eyes. I missed playing with all the kids and the food and laughter!!Thanks for sharing the memories!!The energized dog-luckily, he keeps going and going thru all generations!

    ReplyDelete