Saturday, September 8, 2012

This one, no... this one!

The boys were swimming in the pool, I was drinking an iced coffee (20oz with extra ice, 3 shots, and a 1/2 tsp of white chocolate) and I had my camera, and I thought, "I should take a picture that captures how absolutely sweet Addison is at 8 weeks old."  50 shots later.  I narrowed it down to these 6.  Words just can't describe this time.  I know all too well that with every feeding and diaper change, she is growing bigger.  I want that.  I want to see her in 6 years when she's like Wayne and entering the first grade, but knowing how fleeting these first few days and weeks and months are makes me savor them all the more.  

And this verse:  Ezekiel 16:44 "As is the mother, so is her daughter." is one that has me very convicted of late.  What a heavy burden!  As I am, so will Addison be?  Sometimes folks - that's not pretty!  :-)  It is a constant challenge and yet a joyful calling to me - I can choose to look at this verse as something that is negative and defeating, something I can't possibly do right.  And honestly - I can't.  Not on my own strength.  Not on my own wisdom.  But with God's never-failing love, grace and presence?  This verse gives me hope, encouragement, and increases my faith.  As I am, so will Addison be!  As I am in God's word, so will Addison be.  As I practice the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self control - so will Addison.  

That puts a smile on my face, and so does she!  Enjoy her sweet, 2 month old good looks.  They're here today, and different tomorrow, but forever captured!






1 comment: