Our 2nd annual family face off, battle of the churches, bash of the brothers... you get the idea. As I was saying... our 2nd annual trip to Dairy Queen for pre-game talk before heading to the gym was a fun time had by *almost* all. Poor Tara, Madelyn and Taylin were recovering from a 10 round bout with the flu and couldn't make it. And they were sorely missed too, especially since Addison had her FIRST FRENCH FRY while we were at Dairy Queen. She gagged on it and really wasn't interested, until Grandma got an ice cream cone and THAT she couldn't get enough of. Everyone else had burgers or chicken strips, and it was actually pretty low-key, compared to my memories of the last time we did this!
After dinner, and several offers to buy Ryan a double cheese burger and shake (to weigh him down!) we headed to the gym. The kids were really good, and had fun watching Dad play out there. I cracked up when Wayne yelled, "Hey Dad! I saw ya travel" and then turned to me, "I know that means he walked with the ball." So funny... be careful what you teach them! - Mental Note. It was a close game that came right down to the end and.... Christ Fellowship managed to pull out the victory. I think that makes it 2-0 on the lifetime match up of the churches. So sorry Uncle Ryan, but at least you had Treven as your biggest fan!
No comments:
Post a Comment