As I sit here typing Addison is playing in her excersaucer behind me, squealing like a wild child at her brothers. What has happened? 6 months have just flown by. Way back in July we were just so anxious to meet her, to have her join and complete our family. Back then we couldn't imagine what life would be like with her in it, and now we can't imagine what life would be like without her as part of our family. The addition of a little sister had far less of an impact than the addition of a NEWBORN to our little (okay, maybe BIG) family. And across the board, it has been a wonderful thing. The boys have all learned that sometimes they don't come first. They just don't. Addison is smaller and younger and sometimes she needs us more than they do, and that is when they must be considerate of someone else's feelings and needs, and compassionate and helpful themselves. It is a a good life lesson. They have also gained experience in LOVE and JOY. They love her so much, and not only would do anything to keep her from crying, but will do anything to make her laugh. As far as she is concerned, the sun rises and sets on her brothers, and she is a puddle of sweetness around her Daddy. I catch her just staring at him in awe, and the second she catches his eye, she bursts into a cheek-scrunching grin. Oh my, is she ever sweet!!!
So what is she up to? She plays on her tummy and rolls every which way. She sleeps all night, and usually eats around 6 or 7am and then goes back to bed until 9 or 10 if I let her. She naps for 2 to 4 hours at a time, and is in bed around 7pm each night. As of yet the only food she has experienced has been a few bites of her auntie's home made buns, but I know in the coming week or two we need to get going on trying a few things. I just don't want to. It means she's reached a milestone that I am not ready for. She is our LAST and I want to soak up every sweet little moment, and not forget any detail.... like the bald spot on the back of her head, how much she likes to suck on her fingers, how her left cheek always gets red, how independent she is in trying to hold her own bottle, the sound of her squeal, how dark her hair is in back, how she gets her feet pulled out of the legs of her jammies so that she can't even straighten them out at night, how she rolls on her belly and pops her head up to look around, how... How much I love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment