Monday, January 21, 2013

How to Double your Money with Mr. Tooth Fairy

We were having a lazy morning at home on Saturday before we had to leave for Weston's 10 o'clock basketball game, and one thing led to the other and Wayne and I pulled one of his loose teeth out.  That was pretty cool and all, so we pulled the other one out too!  Dad was totally grossed out, and couldn't believe how hard Wayne would let me dig into and yank on his teeth, and Wayne and I were just determined and laughing the whole way.  The blood was flowing, but we got both of them out!  I told Wayne that if you leave 2 teeth for the tooth fairy, she gives you you twice the money as she usually would for each tooth, and he said, "You do Mom?!?"  

Fast forward to 2am and Wayne is in our room, "Mom, the bag is still under my pillow and you haven't given me my money yet, how much am I getting and when are you going to put it in there?"  My response?   Well, prepare to have me fall from the pedestal some of you put me on, "I'll give you $5 in the morning if you go back to bed and let me stay in my bed!"  Wayne's response?  "Deal!"

Of course, that's not good enough for Dad... he rolled out of bed and trekked downstairs to get $5 from one of our wallets, and tip-toed his way into Wayne's room, took the teeth and left the money, then crawled back into bed.

Fast forward again...  It's 6am and Wayne crawls into our bed with us.  He whispers to me, "I saw Dad last night."  And then to Dad, "Good Morning Mr. Tooth Fairy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment