Sunday, November 9, 2008

goodbye lazy days

Tyler has had the last four days off, and they are now, sadly, coming to an end. On Thursday I worked most of the day, but we had a lovely night at home. Friday was shopping for my sister's birthday, and the evening was spent setting up bunk beds. Saturday Tyler went duck hunting in the morning and afternoon, while I watched the boys, did 7 loads of laundry, and cleaned the house top to bottom. He came home, then went to Papa's to plane down oak for the mantle that he's working on for the front room fireplace. That night the Scheiber's (our Scheib nieces and nephew) came for a few hours, which were PACKED with playing, bathing, book reading and game playing. Today we had church, lunch at my mom dad's, and now Christ Group tonight. Yikes! It's been four days of playing, "Stop and Go."

For those wondering how Wayne is doing, he is fine now. It was really rough at first, but today he seems to be doing better with it all. It's like his best friend (the binkie) moved away and left him all alone. We have gotten a TON of snuggling and lovin's in. He even saw Maddie today and still liked her, so it appears no permanent damage was done! We continue to relish in every new moment with him. He is learning so much every day, it astounds me. I was just reading Amanda's blog, and remembering back to how much I thought he changed at those young ages, and while it's true, I think as they get older they just change in different ways. I am soaking up Weston as much as I can, I know he too will be chasing after Wayne sooner than I can imagine!

So... on tap for this week is work, a doctor appointment for Weston, close my Pampered Chef show, and hmm.. the list could go on, but I won't bore you.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you have a countdown to Black Friday on your blog! I can't wait myself!

    ReplyDelete