Sunday, November 16, 2008

Skydiver in training




Hello everyone! Weston here. I am going to be a skydiver when I grow up, so to practice, I dove off the first step of the stairs... twice in one day. Where was my mom you ask? She was watching me, but I move faster then she does. And one time wasn't enough practice, I had to try it again! I cried pretty good after the second time, but I let Mom put ice on it while she bribed me with a bottle. I was smiling a few minutes later, I didn't let it get me down. One day later, the bump is almost gone, and the bruise is still left for me to show off to everyone who sees me (I'm not below playing the sympathy card for extra kisses.)
Today, I have dove over the ride-on Pooh toy, and gotten stuck in the toy basket (head first, of course.) I pull myself up on the couch, baskets, toys, chairs, tables, and whatever else I can get my hands on. I am soooooooo ALL BOY! Now that I have my new medicine, I've got a new lease on life. I am sleeping so much more, that I have more energy to do all this wild and crazy stuff, and Grandpa even thinks I'll be walking by Christmas. Mom thought he was crazy at first, but I heard her say today that he might actually be right. That means I'd be walking at 11 months, 7 months sooner then Wayne! Yikes! Watch out Mom and Dad... here I come!

P.S. Does anyone have a helmet I can borrow? :-)
Mom didn't trust me not to bonk my head again on a toy, so she made me stay in the Pack N Play the rest of the day. Solitary confinement in a padded room at 10 months old, who knew?!?Here I am a day later... No worse for the wear. Where's the nearest airplane?

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! Yes, you need a helmet for that little guy! He is still smiling so that is good! How are you holding up, Mom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowzers that's a goose-egg! I'll bet it was hard giving him all the extra loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is huge! Weston, it sounds like we need to introduce you to a parachute before you try step #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, ouch! I bet that hurt you just as much if not more than him! Shaun got a bump today too from bouncing a hard toy off the floor onto his head! Boys will be boys!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting a glimpse of what my life will be like in just a few short months... yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete