Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas thoughts....

I was thinking about the Christmas story, missing going to church, and thought I'd pass along my thoughts to all of you! First of all, we go to church EVERY Sunday, so how did I miss out on singing Christmas carols the whole month? First it was my niece Madelyn's baptism, I think we went to church the next week but I was in the nursery, and I stayed home the next week because it was TOO cold for the boys (-5 or something) and then they cancelled because of the snow, and we had to cancel Christmas Eve too.... bah humbug! I think because of that, I really had a hard time believing it really was Christmas. So, hence my thinking on Christmas Eve. Today, I know that this was probably my best Christmas ever. It even topped the year I got an American Girl doll and a graphic calculator (yes, I'm serious, that was an AMAZING year.) At the top of my list was being able to see Wayne and Weston enjoy every moment, from food, gifts, snuggles on the couch, watching movies, and just enjoying all the little moments with them. Also, watching Tyler with them. He is one amazing dad and we are all so blessed to have someone who loves us to pieces! But it makes me think... The story started on Christmas, and it continues on with Easter. Obviously there are chapters before and after that, but the plot if you will, is Christmas and Easter. Jesus came to earth, was raised as a child and became a man who suffered and died, not for the sins of all, but for the sins of ME. Yikes. Heavy stuff. As a child, my focus was on Jesus. It's Jesus' birthday, he came to earth... But this year my focus was on God the Father. He sent his son, KNOWING he would die a horrible death, knowing he would suffer. My earthly love doesn't even comprehend or know the love that God is capable of, and yet I could NEVER put my kids in a situation where they would suffer, let alone die. They are each my only son, (yeah, yeah, haven't you ever heard of my littlest bestest and my biggest bestest! I call them both my bestest all the time!) And God did. He knew what he was doing, and followed His plan.... My kind of guy! :-) I just can't imagine the anguish, and to see his son mocked on the cross, how could he not have hated those people? Well, because he is God. His love knows no bounds, his power no end. His mercy and compassion overflow upon me and my family, and I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Great way to put it girl! We had a wonderful Christmas too! Cute new background on the blog - I love it! What - no shopping today?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said! I try to always think about what Christmas really is instead of the society's general views. Most of those are good too, they just don't usually touch on the fact that it is Jesus' birthday! I'm praying that Shaun grows up knowing the importance too!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete